THESE HEALTHY AND EASY CHOCOLATE BANANA OAT PANCAKES ARE FLAVORED WITH RAW COCOA POWDER AND TOPPED WITH MACERATED BERRIES FOR A DELICIOUS BREAKFAST WITHOUT ANY GUILT.
Finding quick and easy and at the same time, healthy breakfast for my kids is in fact very hard. This recipe is one of my favorite and my kids absolutely love it!
The raw cocoa powder gave them a great chocolate hit and together with a little bit of vanilla extract made these chocolate banana oat pancakes taste like a very wicked dessert. Particularly when topped with macerated berries. And the awesome thing about this healthy and easy pancake recipe is that it’s all made in a blender.
Easy, flourless and sugar-free banana oat pancakes are a healthy, filling breakfast served with fresh fruit and can be made in minutes.
Easy and healthy chocolate banana oat pancakes
These easy and healthy chocolate banana oat pancakes are flavored with raw cocoa powder and topped with macerated berries for a guilt-free breakfast.
Recipe type: Pancakes, Easy recipe, breakfast, Healthy
Serves: Makes 8 pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 medium sized eggs
- ½ cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the macerated berries
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 2 teaspoons raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until is slightly thickened.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- To make the macerated berries, mix the berries with the water and honey and let it stay for about 15-20 minutes until the berries start to release their juices.
- Serve the pancakes with the macerated berries.