YOU SHOuld use the abundance of FRESH VEGETABLES FROM THE FARMERS MARKET and make this delicious SALAD WITH BUFFALO MOZZARELLA AND A fresh LEMON DRESSING.
Every weekend I do my meal planning for the week. The past week I craved for something fresh and simple. Luckily for us, we have a farmers market near so I was able to find all the ingredients I needed for this recipe. I call it Farmers market salad with buffalo mozzarella
To keep this salad as simple as possible, I blanched the corn very fast but you can also keep it raw if your corn is in its prime. After that, I just sliced and chopped the remaining vegetables. I chose to add some buffalo mozzarella because I just love having big pieces of the milky cheese with salad. I finished my farmers market salad with a simple lemon dressing.
Farmers market salad with buffalo mozzarella
Recipe type: Salad, Vegetarian, Side dish,
- 3 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, chopped in larger pieces
- 2 big avocados, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 corns, blanched and without kernels
- lettuce leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- buffalo mozzarella
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ crushed clove garlic,
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients on a serving plate.
- Place the mozzarella in the center.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
- Serve right away.
- You can make this salad an hour in advance just add the dressing before serving.