WE ALL LOVE POTATO WEDGES AS SIDE DISH, BUT THIS BAKED SPICY GARLIC VERSION IS A DEFINITE CROWD-PLEASER. IDEAL FOR BUSY WEEKNIGHTS OR JUST A RELAXED AND CASUAL ENTERTAINING.
I’m going tell you a little secret of mine. I am totally addicted to potato wedges. Have been for many years. And the recipe from this article, my fail-safe side dish choice when I have nothing else in the house. You can eat them on the side of burgers, with juicy grilled steaks, with roast chicken and a lot of other combinations by your choice.
What I adore about potato wedges is that you get the satisfaction of eating fries but none of the guilt. In addition, almost always I leave the skins on because I seriously love the flavor but if you prefer, you can peel it off.
The spice mixture I am using goes great with the neutral flavor of the potatoes. Of course, you can add or leave out what you like or don’t like.
Easy spicy garlic baked potato wedges
1 hour 10 minutes
Recipe type: Vegetarian, Gluten free, Vegan, Side dish, Easy recipe
- 6-8 medium potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc.
- Put the wedges in one large bowl and add firs the oil, mix a bit and then add the spices and seasonings.
- Mix well; ensure that each potato wedge is covered with the spices and herbs.
- Now you should transfer the wedges to a greased/non-stick baking sheet in a single layer and put them in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 45 minute’s to1 hour until the potatoes are cooked throughout and crispy on the outside. Halfway thru baking flip them to ensure even browning.
- Take away from the oven, and now you should scatter the chopped parsley and serve.