If you’re like me, sweet treats can be so hard to oppose…but what if in this case you didn’t have to? Well with these tasty sweet potato brownies, there is no need to feel guilty!
What’s even better, this recipe is vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and super, super delicious! If you’re like me, you’ll be addicted to it before you know it.
Sweet potatoes have numerous health benefits, as well as enhanced blood sugar regulation (helpful for diabetics), anti-inflammatory properties, and they’re loaded with vitamins and minerals. As well, Maple syrup is greatly healthier sweetener than any of the substitutes!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a small cake pan.
- On the stove, melt the almond butter with maple syrup.
- In one large bowl, put the mashed sweet potato, melted almond butter with the maple syrup, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool down totally before slicing and refrigerating.
- The brownies are most excellent when cooled entirely. Store in the fridge and ENJOY!